1. (valid email required)
 

cforms contact form by delicious:days

HighRoads Study Shows Employers Will Not Eliminate Benefits Coverage Due to Health Care Reform

December 13, 2011

HighRoads, the industry leader in employer health care compliance and benefits management, today announced findings from its November “Pulse Survey” to assess employers’ sense of preparedness and understanding of the new Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) requirement under health care reform. The study reveals that most employers (80%) do not intend to drop health care coverage in 2014. In addition, a little more than half (58%) of respondents said they were prepared to produce SBCs by the original March, 2012 deadline.

“Based on these survey results, SBCs have not caused a great concern among organizations,” said Kim Buckey, SPD Practice Lead, HighRoads. “This is partly a reflection of current communications practices-many employers are already providing a level of communication close to that required by the SBC regulations-and partly a reflection of HR departments embracing technology.  By using automation to leverage existing data, they are better able to respond to required changes. That will enable timely compliance once the new deadline is determined.”

65% Report They Would Drop Coverage If Most Companies in Their Industry Eliminated Benefit Programs

While most employers do not plan to drop health care coverage in 2014, many (65%) would drop coverage if the majority of the companies in their industry eliminated their benefits programs. Conversely, most (84%) would not consider removing coverage if only a few in their industry no longer offered coverage.

Nearly all of the respondents (91%) in the study also stated that they would not consider eliminating some benefits coverage currently offered based on the complexity of the SBC requirements. Employers felt they were already committed to their health care strategy. Of those that indicated that they would consider removing some current health care coverage (9%), the majority (75%) said increased regulation would be the main driving factor, while the remaining (25%) cited increased health care costs.

The HighRoads Pulse Study was conducted in November 2011 and included a sampling of respondents from the health care, hospital, transportation, education, food and beverage, and energy and utility industries, with most of the respondents employed at hospitals or health care systems.

Latest News

Health IT Outcomes: Partnership Streamlines Submission of Preadmission Screening Forms

Binding Site Slashes Production Time and Saves Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars with Datawatch Self-Service Data Preparation

Datawatch and Tableau Partner to Speed and Broaden Analytics with Self-Service Data Preparation

Xcede Technologies Announces Collaboration with Cook Biotech Inc.

Finding New Life for Medical Waste. This is not a typical plastics recycling story.

Optics segment continues double digit growth in 2015

A&G Working on New Project with First Citizens Bank

AMP Agency Grows Integrated Media Team with Newly Appointed Leadership Team


Latest Newsletters

July 2016 – Mass Capital Announces a New Investment in The Cadmus Group, Inc.

April 2016 – Andrew DeLorey joins Mass Capital

March 2016 – Mass Capital announces a new investment in Valet Park of America

January 2016 – Mass Capital announces a new investment in Phillips Screw Company

November 2015 – Mass Capital announces a new investment in Triumvirate Environmental

September 2015 – Mass Capital announces a new investment in MedTouch

September Newsletter 2014

Mass. Capital Announces Addition to Investment Team


Archives